Topic: No more big avatars?

Upgraded today, a lot of the users on my forum have wide avatars. This was never a problem with 1.2 but it is now, they overlap, anyway to fix this or do I just have to limit my users?

2 (edited by quaker 2008-07-08 17:49)

Re: No more big avatars?

u should be able to limit the size of the avatar in the admin area.
60x60 px is normal..

admin/settings/features

5. User avatars (upload and size settings)
Avatar max width Pixels             (60 is recommended).
Avatar max height Pixels            (60 is recommended).
Avatar max size Bytes               (10240 is recommended).

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Understood, but it's a small forum so I allowed people to have very wide avatars, this was fine in 1.2 as they didn't overlap the text in 1.3 they cover the content of posts.

Surely there's no point in having a usersettable make if it's going to overlap?

4 (edited by quaker 2008-07-08 19:55)

you will have to do some css editing for the avatar then to counter the over lapping.
simpler way would be to just set a predefined width and height in the admin area.. and let the users follow the rules..

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

But don't you see my point? If the style is basically setting a max by having the overlapping on text then the whole code may as well say that the max is that max.. this new way doesn't make any sense

If I get you right, try to tune forum CSS so that avatar do not overlap post contents: I'd start from left column's width styles - just make them wider. More unified solution would be left column to have some auto-width, getting wider when necessary. But all these are CSS-tunes.

Carpe diem