Topic: Do you need to be a programmer to use Punbb?

Because I can't figure out how to use polls and the explanations are so complicated, it makes me think that you really need to be a programmer if you want to do something like use a poll.

Please let me know now before I continue to build my forum so I can switch to something thats more for newbies like me and not for advanced users.

I've been wanting to make a poll for a month but I cant and I get errors.

thank you

ps - if everyone want's poll software, then shouldnt it just be included in it without making it a plugin?

Re: Do you need to be a programmer to use Punbb?

mrmax wrote:

Because I can't figure out how to use polls and the explanations are so complicated, it makes me think that you really need to be a programmer if you want to do something like use a poll.

Please let me know now before I continue to build my forum so I can switch to something thats more for newbies like me and not for advanced users.

I've been wanting to make a poll for a month but I cant and I get errors.

thank you

ps - if everyone want's poll software, then shouldnt it just be included in it without making it a plugin?

you making a poll?? Why dont you just download it and install it.

And no one wants polls in the core of punbb?? You dont have to be a programmer to use punbb beucase all the programmers do it for you. We have loads of poll mods at punres.org

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

3 (edited by mrmax 2008-07-13 18:34)

http://www.punres.org/files.php?pid=60
The only file that is downloadable is 1.1.3.zip

However I have punbb 1.2.17, and that version isnt compatible with my board. So i cant have a poll on my board

mrmax wrote:

http://www.punres.org/files.php?pid=60
The only file that is downloadable is 1.1.3.zip

However I have punbb 1.2.17, and that version isnt compatible with my board. So i cant have a poll on my board

Lots of people have been asking for mods to be "upgraded" to work on the current version of PunBB. However in most cases there is not really a need to ask for this. All you need to do is:

1. Open install_mod.php
2. Find line 12
3. Add the version of the forum you are using to the version array
4. Save and upload

That's it.

Your version array should then look something like this...

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2.8', '1.2.9', '1.2.10');

5 (edited by mrmax 2008-07-13 18:49)

thank you, but i try to run install_mod.php and get this error.

Warning: require(./include/common.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/forum/plugins/Easy_Poll-1.1.3/install_mod.php on line 94

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './include/common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/forum/plugins/Easy_Poll-1.1.3/install_mod.php on line 94

sad

thats becuase you put the contence of Easy_Poll-1.1.3 into forum/