1 (edited by TJ_TeeJay 2008-08-02 06:01)

Topic: Update problems to 1.2.19 - new users see blank page after login

Hey guys, I hope one of you can help me. I'm kinda embarrassed because I only just found out that all this time, I've been omitting a crucial step when doing all my updates.

But let's start with my problem. I recently updated to 1.2.19 and since then, I got e-mails from two users who had similar problems. One newly registered user reported that she wasn't able to log in to the forum anymore, she only got a blank page. Another user changed her e-mail address and also couldn't log in anymore afterwards. I tried myself and had the same problem when I registered a new test user. All old users from before the update don't have that problem.

Here's where it gets embarrassing. For all the updates I've made to PunBB (I think I started out with version 1.2.13 or 1.2.14), I never ran the 12_to_121x_update.php file. Since I have a lot of mods in the forum, I usually update through the HDIFF file. All I've been doing is edit my files accordingly and upload them to the server. A friend of mine just told me I should have run that update php file every time to make the database conform with the update. When I tried to run it now, of course I get an error message (see below). I have not made manual updates to my database.

An error was encountered
File: /www/htdocs/w0072f62/forum/12_to_1219_update.php
Line: 69

PunBB reported: Version mismatch. This script updates version 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5, 1.2.6, 1.2.7, 1.2.8, 1.2.9, 1.2.10, 1.2.11, 1.2.12, 1.2.13, 1.2.14, 1.2.15, 1.2.16, 1.2.17, 1.2.18 to version 1.2.19. The database 'd0031b5f' doesn't seem to be running a supported version.

Is there any way this can be fixed without me purging my database? I'm not very experienced in that area and I'm kinda scared of losing all my posts. Of course I have SQL backups of the database from various stages, but I'd like to avoid messing with that.

Can someone help? Please?? I'd be eternally grateful!

FYI: I've reset my forum to version 1.2.17 now because it doesn't seem to have that problem. But for security reasons, I'd obviously love to go back to version 1.2.19.

-TeeJay
www.chris-marquette.com/forum

Re: Update problems to 1.2.19 - new users see blank page after login

if you want to move over to fluxbb ( a fork of punbb) then your get more help, if not... wait for someone to read this.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

3 (edited by TJ_TeeJay 2008-08-03 03:44)

Do the FluxBB people answer questions for PunBB problems?

I've thought about moving my forum over to FluxBB, but it would mean I have to start from scratch, right? I'd like to avoid that because I have a lot of mods and I don't wanna redo everything, at least not before version 1.3 is out. I know that I'll have to do things from scratch at some point, either when changing to PunBB 1.3 or indeed moving to FluxBB 1.3, but I'd like to wait until either final version is out.

-TeeJay

TJ_TeeJay wrote:

Do the FluxBB people answer questions for PunBB problems?

I've thought about moving my forum over to FluxBB, but it would mean I have to start from scratch, right? I'd like to avoid that because I have a lot of mods and I don't wanna redo everything, at least not before version 1.3 is out. I know that I'll have to do things from scratch at some point, either when changing to PunBB 1.3 or indeed moving to FluxBB 1.3, but I'd like to wait until either final version is out.

-TeeJay

Yes the fluxbb forum is active with regular posters and knowledgeable people.

if you moved over to flux you just upgrade to 1.2.20 which is bascily a carry on from the punbb ones so no you wont have to do everything over again. But like you said you will have to do everything over again with 1.3 however it will be allot easier with the use of extensions and upgrading.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Looks like your code really doesn't conform database.

Though migration script should still be working, but you must be having the old and new-style data mixed.
The correct way still is to repeat forum code and database update again doing it in the right way. Otherwise you have to understand all the changes in the recent PunBB 1.2.* updates and introduce them manually.

Carpe diem