Topic: integrating into my site design

Hi,
I have my site being run on WordPress, and i am trying to figure out a way of integrating the site with it's punBB forum.  The site's index page is a PHP page, with a "content" div and a "menu" div for the sidebar.  Please take a look here.
Now, i thought of sticking the forum in the content div, and begin fiddling with the design.  Just by this idea you can see i am only an amateur, of course.  So:
- Can i make something like that work?  I mean only work, not look good, that is another problem.  This problem here seems to be that punBB has it's own index.php, and WP's has it's own index.php.  Has anyone done something like this ?  Can i have any hope?

thanks,

Re: integrating into my site design

Sure, it shouldn't be a problem. There's some info on that in faq.html.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I read the FAQ, but it is about including a footer and a header in punBB's index page.  What i was hoping to do was call punBB from inside my site's index.PHP page.  When i try do do this (setting punroot to the absolute path, so it finds everything), i get a lot of not unexpected "headers already sent by ...", because punBB's header.php is trying to set the headers, which were already sent by my page's index.php.
So what i was looking into was really integrating punBB, not just the looks.  But it seems a pretty big task, and daunting to me.

I hope somebody has a go at this. Wordpress is a nice script and being php/mysql/gpl would be an ideal companion to PunBB. The question is whether to rewrite PunBB to work as a Wordpress addon or rewrite Wordpress to work with PunBB. I suspect "PunBB for Wordpress" would be the best option.

I have brought up this topic in WP's foruns.
For one thing, wordpress.org uses miniBB for it's own foruns, and there is constant complaints about this, as it is fast but a little too limited.  One of WP's developers has spoken highly of PunBB in their foruns already, and it seems they are considering an upgrade to punBB there.
"PunBB for WP" would be a dream scenario, but i don't think it would be too hard to get Rickard and the WP team to talk, because the philosophy (sorry for my spelling in english) seems close enough.  And as WP should grow in audience in the short run, it could be good for both WP and PunBB.
I am not a programmer, unfortunately i have no means of even trying to do something like this.