Topic: Registration emails no longer working

I changed my punBB installation's URL from foo.com/forum/ to forum.foo.com, and it would appear that since that change, registration emails (containing the user's initial password) are no longer being sent.

I've looked at some of the files but can't seem to see where to fix this. I'm not using any SMTP settings; just the internal mail() function.

I haven't found anything on Google about this, so apologies if it's a repost.

Re: Registration emails no longer working

since you did that you will have to go in the database and fix the O_base_url to the correct location.

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

I already fixed that, and made sure that the cached config file was also updated.

It's not just registration emails - I tried sending myself an email through the interface, and it never sent.

did u configure the smtp and pop inside of punbb admin area?

sometimes i leave that area blank and it works ..

Q

Nope. I didn't change anything about the configuration - just the URL. Email worked fine before I changed the URL.

ermmm... only thing i know eft to do is delete db and re-run setup..
im waiting on 1.3 to be finally released before i do anything ...

Q

I'm still on 1.2.whatever, actually. I guess I posted in the wrong forum...whoops!

Anyhow - punBB uses php's built-in mail() function if no SMTP server is defined, right? Is there some other config setting other than config.php and the config table in the database that I need to manually change? I'd really rather not dump my entire DB, if I can help it.