Topic: punBB 1.3 Date

Hello

I was wondering if there was a set or approximate release time for punBB 1.3. I am in student government in my school and I use punBB to allow my peers and I to communicate. After testing version 1.3 and trying the Private Messaging extension in small test environment I got a great reaction from all the testers. My problem is I would like to get the private messaging system functionality without "hacking" the code or relying on beta software that may fail after I leave the school.

Thanks in advance.

Also. I looked at the ticket system and the stickies and I couldn't find anything but if the answer was somewhere I couldn't find I say sorry in advance.

Re: punBB 1.3 Date

Hello.

You are right: we did not publish any estimations of the PunBB release date yet.

My personal estimation is: from 4 to 12 weeks. But we can't give any guarantees for now.
We are planning to release RC2 in about 2-4 weeks. Some deadline for 1.3 release may be set after that.

After testing version 1.3 and trying the Private Messaging extension in small test environment I got a great reaction from all the testers.

We'd appreciate for their reaction posted here. Feedback is very important to make pun_pm and other extensions better.

Good luck.

Carpe diem

Re: punBB 1.3 Date

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I will leave a more complete report on what people thought of pun_pm in the extensions forum.