Topic: Simple RSS

I want a simple RSS feed for display first 15 post's topic name and category name in bracket,

RSS like: topic name (category name)

i read  How do I generate additional RSS feeds? And tried it, but can't understand how to make as mine will.

Re: Simple RSS

sad:(:(

where should i ask???

have you looked at http://punbb.informer.com/docs/dev.html#syndication

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

helpingbd wrote:

RSS like: topic name (category name)

Get into extern.php and modify the query to fetch the category name.
Replace

$result = $db->query('SELECT t.id, t.poster, t.subject, t.posted, t.last_post, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id=3) WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.moved_to IS NULL'.$forum_sql.' ORDER BY '.$order_by.' DESC LIMIT 15') or error('Unable to fetch topic list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

with

$result = $db->query('SELECT t.id, t.poster, t.subject, t.posted, t.last_post, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, c.cat_name FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id=3) INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'categories AS c ON c.id=f.cat_id WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.moved_to IS NULL'.$forum_sql.' ORDER BY '.$order_by.' DESC LIMIT 15') or error('Unable to fetch topic list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

(I've modified it right here, so there can be some mistakes, but you must've caught the heneral idea, did you? :-))

and print it out with kind of

while ($cur_topic = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
{
// ...
echo "\t\t".'<title>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).' ('.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['cat_name']).')</title>'."\r\n";
// ... 
}
Carpe diem