Topic: moving server - no sqlite

Hi all,

love punbb and the effort that people have put into it.

I have a problem, recently our forum changed servers from one where are friends were the root admins and could install/do anything they wanted. Our new server is a shared one where there is a webapp admin tool but no shell access.

anyway, we have the old sqlite db file and have punbb installed. im not sure where I link them up? where in the config do i point punbb to the sqlite db file? does sqlite just work 'out of the box' or will it have to be installed on the server. if sqlite must be installed on our shared server and we can't do that, is there an existing utility/plugin to convert the old sqlite db to mysql tables that we can imported.

sorry for all the n00b questions.

as you may have guessed i wasn't the old admin of the forum and am quite new to this. any help will be much appreciated.

Re: moving server - no sqlite

water wrote:

im not sure where I link them up? where in the config do i point punbb to the sqlite db file?

To have no doubts, just try to do a fresh SQLite PunBB installation. And see for the resulting config.php then. See also this post and this topic :-).

water wrote:

does sqlite just work 'out of the box' or will it have to be installed on the server

See php.net sqlite installation manual for details.

water wrote:

is there an existing utility/plugin to convert the old sqlite db to mysql tables that we can imported

And that is unfortunately not a trivial task.

Carpe diem