Topic: am I missing someting ?

Hi all, I am looking for info on adding extensions in 1.3 RC. IS there a special way to do it ?, I cannot seem to find how to install them.

Cheers

Richard

Re: am I missing someting ?

http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/1.3_usag … _punbb_1.3

Carpe diem

Cheers Anatoly, yes I tried that, it seems to simple I thought, but I get no extensions to install ?????

Cheers

Richard

Referring to http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/1.3_usag … _punbb_1.3
At what step do you have problems?
2. "...The downloaded extension will be listed there." Do you see the extension you've downloaded and put to the extensions dir?

Carpe diem

Hi Anatoly, well ok, I downloaded all the extentions in the one ZIP file. I tried for example Anti Spam. I took the image.php file, the .js file and what ever else and placed it in the extensions folder, then took the file within the Lanf/Eng folder iand placed it in the appropriate folder.

Then when I log onto my forum, and go to Admin/Extensions I get the following

Extensions available for install
There are no extensions available for install or upgrade.

Installed extensions
There are no installed extensions.

No matter what I do I cannot see anything to install. There seem to be no instructions with these extentions and there are folders that I do not know where to put in some cases. It is just a little confusing.

Thank for you assistance.

Cheers

Richard

Rich T wrote:

I took the image.php file, the .js file and what ever else and placed it in the extensions folder, then took the file within the Lanf/Eng folder iand placed it in the appropriate folder.

I think the mistake is here. You just have to copy (or upload) the folder with extension files. For example, you have a forum in '/home/public_html/punbb' directory. There are some files and directories in this directory. The 'extensions' directory must be there. After copying new files must have the following names: '/home/public_html/punbb/extensions/pun_antispam/manifest.xml', '/home/public_html/punbb/extensions/pun_antispam/image.php' and so on.

I should clarify the situation with the extensions. Most of extensions have been developed for an old markup and they are (partially) compatible with PunBB 1.3 RC. They may not work correctly on 1.3 RC2 since markup and some hooks were changed. We have updated pun_antispam and pun_pm extensions and they can be installed on 1.3 RC2. So if you have 1.3 RC2, you have to download fresh versions (use links 'Download in other formats: Zip Archive'):

http://punbb.informer.com/trac/browser/ … n_antispam
http://punbb.informer.com/trac/browser/ … unk/pun_pm

Ok, so I just place the contents of each folder in the extensions folder, got it. I must be betting closer, This time I get the following error

IMPORTANT! The extensions listed below were found in the extensions folder but are not available for install or upgrade because the errors displayed below were detected.
Loading of extension "lang" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.
Loading of extension "styles" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.
Loading of extension "url" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.

I also tried the Anti Spam and got the same Manifest error.

Thank you

Richard

Seems that you have these files:

WRONG

.../punbb/extensions/manifest.xml
.../punbb/extensions/image.php
.../punbb/extensions/lang/English/pun_antispam.php
and so on

But you should copy the files this way:

RIGHT

.../punbb/extensions/pun_antispam/manifest.xml
.../punbb/extensions/pun_antispam/image.php
.../punbb/extensions/pun_antispam/lang/English/pun_antispam.php
and so on

Also, the 'extensions' folder must contain a folder for each extension. For example:

.../punbb/extensions/pun_pm/
.../punbb/extensions/pun_antispam/
and so on

parpalak wrote:

We have updated pun_antispam and pun_pm extensions and they can be installed on 1.3 RC2.

I've forgot to write...  We will soon upgrade all official extensions, of course smile

10 (edited by Rich T 2008-11-08 23:04)

Thank you so much for trying to help me guys, I seem to be not having much luck. Now I get the following

Extensions available for install

Notice: Undefined index: id in /usr/home/richt/www.nihontokanjipages.com/private/include/xml.php on line 158

There are no extensions available for install or upgrade.

IMPORTANT! The extensions listed below were found in the extensions folder but are not available for install or upgrade because the errors displayed below were detected.
Loading of extension "pun_pm" failed.

Root element engine attribute is malformed or missing. Element extension/id is malformed or missing. Element extension/id does not match the extension folder name. Element extension/title is malformed or missing. Element extension/version is malformed or missing. Element extension/description is malformed or missing. Element extension/author is malformed or missing. Element extension/minversion is malformed or missing. Element extension/maxtestedon is malformed or missing.

Thanks

Richard

Oh, and I guess while I am at it, under the Hotfixes section, there are something I can install, but when I try I get the following

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: token_get_all() in /usr/home/richt/www.nihontokanjipages.com/private/include/xml.php on line 199

Cheers

Richard

I don't know what is the cause. Looks like the content of manifest.xml is corrupted. Try to delete all files in the 'extensions' directory and upload them again.

If this will not help, please, answer some questions. What PunBB version do you use? Is it exactly 1.3 RC2, or the last version from SVN? Maybe you have a hosting with non-standard settings? Is the XML support enabled in PHP (for details: http://www.php.net/manual/en/xml.installation.php)?