Topic: PROBLEM: PunBB is forcing the port # into the URL

I'm running punbb on a private network. we assigned the web server its own domain: ppmetals.network
the server is running on port 19000 however our network forwards ppmetals.network to that port as well so the user doesn't have to type it in

when users get there and they try to login, the URL in the address bar changes to show the port number and then it doesn't work since the port and the IP are being forwarded as ppmetals.network:80 when its actually running on 192.168.0.69:19000

is there a way to solve this problem?

Re: PROBLEM: PunBB is forcing the port # into the URL

Router/bridge/firewall port mapping.

Try to modify the essentials.php.
BTW, is URL rewriting enabled?
(I'm not sure it is really PunBB issue.)

Carpe diem

thanks for the replies, i'll go ahead and check that file smile

we only have one server so this punbb installation has to go there but it has to run on a different port (19000)
when we type in the url: ppmetals.network - it sends us to the punbb index, we can see it and read posts, etc
when we try to login it says it can't find a security token or something for the user and we have to click a button
after clicking that button it shows the URL bar as: ppmetals.network:19000/somefile.php and of course it goes 404 on us

sorry i didn't describe the problem better at the start, it was very late here lol