1 (edited by downliner 2008-12-06 18:06)

Topic: Using extensions to replace core code?

I'm needing to edit a query on index.php but don't understand how I add my additional code into the query? I believe this is possible so if someone can explain how it works I'll figure the rest out for myself smile

Additional code I need to add is highlighted red.

($hook = get_hook('in_main_output_start')) ? eval($hook) : null;

// Print the categories and forums
$query = array(
    'SELECT'    => 'c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster',
    'FROM'        => 'categories AS c',
    'JOINS'        => array(
        array(
            'INNER JOIN'    => 'forums AS f',
            'ON'            => 'c.id=f.cat_id'
        ),
        array(
            'LEFT JOIN'        => 'forum_perms AS fp',
            'ON'            => '(fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$forum_user['g_id'].')'
        )
    ),
    'WHERE'        => ''.$more_sql.' AND (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1)',
    'ORDER BY'    => 'c.disp_position, c.id, f.disp_position'
);

($hook = get_hook('in_qr_get_cats_and_forums')) ? eval($hook) : null;

When I use this edited code in index.php it works as intended, I'm just unsure about how to replace the original core query with my edited version using manifest.xml?

Re: Using extensions to replace core code?

Place in the 'in_qr_get_cats_and_forums' hook something like this:

$query['WHERE'] = $more_sql.' AND ('.$query['WHERE'].')';

Many thanks, I understand how it works now big_smile

It's just like a simple array. Replace what you want to replace. smile

5 (edited by downliner 2008-12-07 15:16)

I'm still not getting it it seems. I've only just learnt the basics of PHP and finding the jump from modding 1.2 to 1.3 more difficult than I originally thought it would be. These hooks give me a headache sad

In the above example of:

$query = array(
    'SELECT'    => 'c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster',

is it possible to add into the select, eg:

$query = array(
    'SELECT'    => 'c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, c.something f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster',

I need documentation or a paid helper/support? cool

I'm not the best at SQL, but if you'd like to get an extra column from the table, you could do something like:

$query['SELECT'] .= ', c.something';

Notice the dot before the =, that means the string will be added to the end of the existing string smile