Topic: punBB transferring problems

Hello.
i have been using punBB for a while now, but since my host began playing up i decided it was time to move to a better host.

i had set the forum up with SLQlite, and when i moved everything to the new host, the forum says
' Error: Unable to open database './database' for writing. Permission denied.  '

What am i to do??
thanks in advance

Re: punBB transferring problems

Do the database have the right write permissions?!? maby chmod 777.

erm, i have no idea where the database is : /

4 (edited by FCG 2008-12-10 05:22)

I have this exact same issue. My host stopped supporting sqlite so I moved everything to a new host. Set permissions to the db file and the subfolder it resides in but I still get this error. Any help available?

File: xxxxxxxxx/include/dblayer/sqlite.php
Line: 64

Check this please:
1. Correct path to the DB is set in config.php.
2. DB file is present at the path defined in 1.
3. The file is writable by web-servers' user (0777 mode or file owner is set to web-server's user).

Report again please, if the issue is still present. Or even send us a zip-archive of your forum files be email to reproduce.

Carpe diem

Well, it dosent matter now, i have got a new forum for my website, as this problem i had no way of knowing what to do. Thanks anyway tongue

All look to be correct.

Anatoly wrote:

Check this please:
1. Correct path to the DB is set in config.php.
2. DB file is present at the path defined in 1.
3. The file is writable by web-servers' user (0777 mode or file owner is set to web-server's user).

Report again please, if the issue is still present. Or even send us a zip-archive of your forum files be email to reproduce.

Actually, would I send the files directly to your email address for you to have a look?

Anatoly wrote:

Or even send us a zip-archive of your forum files be email to reproduce.