Topic: Help regarding upgrade from 1.2.21 to 1.3.2

Hi,

I'm currently trying to convert phpBB to PunBB. I've successfully converted phpBB 2's database to PunBB 1.2.21, but I can't seem to upgrade from there. I've followed the instructions from the Wiki (1.3's FAQ).

When I click "Start update" in db_upgrade.php, the request is sent, but the page eventually times out. I was hoping it would work like the phpBB 2 -> PunBB 1.2.x converter where it reloads the page constantly. The database is fairly large (on phpBB2, the .sql dump was nearing 300MB), so could that be a reason for the timing out?

Thanks!

Re: Help regarding upgrade from 1.2.21 to 1.3.2

db_update.php reloads page too. Are there any error messages?

Hm, no, there are no errors.

Here is a video of what occurs: http://studiopd.com/punbb.mov

When charset conversion is not enabled (sometimes the random 100 post check returns false), the same event occurs. Using Firefox yields the same result, so Safari is not the problem.

Powerdrift wrote:

When I click "Start update" in db_upgrade.php, the request is sent, but the page eventually times out.

I just converted my test database (400MB). Before autoreload page appears, I was waiting for about 3 minutes.
Maybe you have some short php-timeout on your server?

Anyway my conversion didn't do everything. Tables changed from ISO-8859-2 to UTF-8, but fileds not. Now I've problems for example in config table. I couldn't set any Unicode char (forum desription, rules).
I changed it manualy, and it start work like it should, but many of converted posts are brooken. I'll analize this db_update file and try to fix it smile

YonasH's repository + Extensions Directory = PunBB Extensions Online Library (in progress....)

Away. I will be back soon.

Maybe this discussion will help you