Topic: Incorrect Forum Time

Hi, I installed PunBB a few days ago, every thing's working great however my forum time is 5 hours behind. No matter what timezone I set it to it remains the same.

What's wrong ?

2 (edited by Reactor 2009-01-07 21:14)

Re: Incorrect Forum Time

What time returns this function on your local server?

date("Y-m-d H:i:s")

I'll just post the entire text of the date:

date/time support     enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version     2007.9
Timezone Database     internal
Default timezone     America/New_York

Directive    Local Value    Master Value
date.default_latitude    31.7667    31.7667
date.default_longitude    35.2333    35.2333
date.sunrise_zenith    90.583333    90.583333
date.sunset_zenith    90.583333    90.583333
date.timezone    no value    no value

Are you changing the forum time or your profile time? If you change the forum time, it will only change for guests and new members. Any members created before the change will have the previous settings. Same with language and styles.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Thank you. That was a noob question from me. hmm I fixed the time in my profile and it turned out okay. I did not realize what time other members were seeing.

Thanks again.

I have some troubles with correct time adjust on my forum. PHP date settings are:

atedate/time support - enabled 
"Olson" Timezone Database Version - 0.system 
Timezone Database - internal
Default timezone - America/New_York

In global forum settings I set timezone "UTC -05:00 Eastern Time U.S..". If in my profile I set the same timezone, posts time displayed correctly. If I set +3, Moscow (my real timezone), so the posts time are displayed wrong (it shown for 8 hours more than it really is).

The main oddity is that the global forum settings are not affiliated with the profile settings. That is, if I set +3 in profile, wrong time always will be displaed, doesn't matter what set in the global settings, it's not related. I can set any values in global settings - time still will be oriented only on my profile. I thought that everything should move according to the general forum settings.

Well, I'm very confused. What should be set in global forum settings? I thought, that it must be server timezone... I can not realize, what i need to do, that the time on my forum displayed correctly. Help me, please!