1 (edited by MattF 2009-01-17 15:33)

Topic: Where the chuff are all the Devs?

Do any of them actually do anything on here anymore?

Edit: Typo corrected.

Re: Where the chuff are all the Devs?

They left for the holidays and... they're just taking their time, idk. I heard some had finals.

However, I think they actually are kinda back, because, when I submitted a bug report, I got a response from Anatoly like a day after.

Maybe they're not allowed to interact with the community anymore? or maybe they're working hard on PunBB 2?

3 (edited by MattF 2009-01-23 14:29)

Whatever the reason, it's piss poor. You can't, (when you're Dev's), just disappear en masse for three weeks gone and over.

Edit: Typo corrected. (Again). big_smile

I'm disappointed... really...

Emails 6th Jan With Anatoly wrote:

We have released several projects of Informer.com before New Year. I was completely off to there for that period. Now we have a state holidays in Russia until 11-th of January, so that activity will be low until then.

Emails 16th Jan With Anatoly wrote:

My boss is still making his decision on further development plans.

I keep an eye on PunBB and FluxBB forums, but have no time to work on PunBB right now - it depends on my boss for me.

Thats all I have guys. Sorry

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

I totally forgot about Informer... sorry.

Garciat wrote:

I totally forgot about Informer... sorry.

Yeah, I think its important to see PunBB is maintained differently from how it used to. To the developers, this is only just another project they run, and dont have the same aims and wishes as the community needs.

However please be aware that I do understand where you are coming from, and do belive that the developers should be here. I am working along side the developing team to come to a little compromise because PunBB is only another project to the developers, though it would be nice to see them have more of an active input into the community, and post outside work hours, we cannot demand this.

Though I am considering moving onto the dev team, so that if the situation arises again, when the developers are out of work for the website, then I can at least still do update to the forum. However, at the moment, I am a little too busy with college, and don't want to take the responsibility just yet.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

yeah, it would be cool to have the dev team in here a lot more smile

maybe if tyhey don't have a lot of time, they should think of allowing much more people into the dev team, so punbb can move forward.

i see punbb dev as some sort of obstacle course, sometimes its going good (like dev to 1.3) other times its completely down and nothing is hapening, it would be good to have a team that can work on it the whole year ...

~Cereal
I've finally learned what "upward compatible" means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes.
The limits of language are the limits of one's world.

Utchin wrote:
Emails 16th Jan With Anatoly wrote:

My boss is still making his decision on further development plans.

I keep an eye on PunBB and FluxBB forums, but have no time to work on PunBB right now - it depends on my boss for me.

Thats all I have guys. Sorry

No reason for you to be apologising Matt. smile It ain't you who has practically disappeared.

Utchin wrote:

Yeah, I think its important to see PunBB is maintained differently from how it used to. To the developers, this is only just another project they run, and dont have the same aims and wishes as the community needs.

It would appear Bert was not far wrong with his expectations of what would happen.

Utchin wrote:

Though I am considering moving onto the dev team, so that if the situation arises again, when the developers are out of work for the website, then I can at least still do update to the forum.

One point I would mention, Matt. It may seem no big thing to someone of your age, big_smile but one always ought to consider carefully the brush they may tar themselves with. Personally, (judging from the response you quoted above), I'd steer well clear of becoming part of the 'Dev' team for PunBB.

Call me old fashioned if you will, but it does not matter a monkeys how many other projects they have on the go. You cannot just take an Open Source community & software and literally drop it on its arse. They should have made sure they had the manpower in place to cater to looking after the system, not just enough to get a new release out for the supposed bragging rights. It's pathetic, to put it subtly. This ain't a dig at Anatoly or the other 'Dev's', btw, but rather at informer directly.