Topic: Restricting new topics in a forum.

Hey guys, I was hoping to not have to post on the forums and ask, but I can't seem to find anywhere that I can actually have a Forum that only administrators/moderators can post new topics in, but anyone can reply to the topics.

I don't want to lock the entire Forum down to user groups, only the ability to post new topics in them.

I searched around the forums here, couldn't find much either. I have punBB integrated into a website that I have been working on and would like to use the forum system for Article posting as well, just create topics in a particular forum with the ability for users to post new topics disabled. (But enabled in the rest of the forum ;D)

Any suggestions as how I would go about hacking this, or maybe I'm just being clueless and missing this in the settings ? big_smile

Thanks guys. cool

Re: Restricting new topics in a forum.

I'm new to this too so I might be wrong, is this not what the forum admin page offers?

In Admin > Start > Forums
Select the forum then at the bottom is a number of check boxes next to each user group. Just deselect the option for users to post topics.

Simon

Re: Restricting new topics in a forum.

SiCo wrote:

I'm new to this too so I might be wrong, is this not what the forum admin page offers?

In Admin > Start > Forums
Select the forum then at the bottom is a number of check boxes next to each user group. Just deselect the option for users to post topics.

Simon

Haahhahahahhahaha.

I knew I was being blind, thanks dude cool

Didn't see the Edit link down at the bottom next to the forum name(s) >.<