Topic: userlist.php & "User list sort order" markup weirdness

Any idea why the "User list sort order" markup is different than the page's other items?

The options above all have divs of "sf-set setN" & "label" whereas the "User list sort order" uses fieldset & legend.

http://i44.tinypic.com/imkk20.png

Have been trying to get the "Ascending Descending" options all lined up like the items above it, but it is turning into a CSS nightmare.

Why is this?

Re: userlist.php & "User list sort order" markup weirdness

It looks quite good for me. Does anybody have other opinion?

3 (edited by Casemon 2009-04-02 12:33)

You don't think it's odd & inconsistent to have some options aligned from right end of their labels and others to be aligned underneath & closer to their middle? Or how designing it this way, makes doing anything else a nightmare?

Hmm... odd indeed.

Have you tried setting them as inline? Personally, I'd change those radio buttons to a select, and keep them in style with the options above them.

Casemon, what browser do you use?

I've checked the page in IE6, Opera, Firefox and Safari (win), labels and inputs are aligned fine.

Firefox 3.0 for OSX; am using the standard generated page with customized theme. No amount of css tweaking gets those radio buttons to behave.

Have tried inline, but I don't want another vertical list; prefer them side to side.

In Oxygen.css:

.brd .mf-set .mf-yesno .mf-item {
    width: 10em;
    float: left;
    }

Delete this style and the "Ascending" and "Descending" options will take two lines (like other radiobutton groups).

As mentioned, I don't want them on 2 lines. But given this is the only instance where they are on the same line, it is probably best to yeah just make them on 2 lines.

Done!

Thanks for looking into this smile

I don't know what style you have but I think if you remove "width: 10em;" (or maybe modify margins or paddings) you'll obtain these items on the same line and aligned correctly:

.brd .mf-set .mf-yesno .mf-item {
    float: left;
    }