Topic: Error in User Registration. Please Urgent!

This is urgent because I started a marketing blitz an I am loosing potential members.

I have people who say they have registered in the forum but I cannot see them  on the user list. When it happened previously, I found out users do not show on the user list until they have logged in once.

I am also assuming that the mail which sends the link to set password  goes into the spam filter, making it impossible for them to know they should change password.

Is it possible that:

1: Users get automatically logged in once they set their password?

2. I can see the list of everybody that have registered (even those who have not set password or Logged in after setting password.)

3. I can get a notification once somebody tries to register.

Thank you so much

Re: Error in User Registration. Please Urgent!

I am finding out that users only show up in the list once they have made their first post. Maybe that is what is happening. Just test it yourself. Create a new test account, login, logout, see if you in the userlist. Then make a test post and see if you then appear in the userlist.

marketing blitz

aka spam campaign? j/k wink

oo wrote:

2. I can see the list of everybody that have registered (even those who have not set password or Logged in after setting password.)

Yes. You can find it in Administration -> Users -> Searches.

aka spam campaign?

Naa.. I actually did a presentation to a large audience at an event. I do not do spam:D

Parpalak wrote:
oo wrote:

Yes. You can find it in Administration -> Users -> Searches.

WoW!!!

I have more people who have not verified than members. How do I resend them the link to  verify their email? Also How do I get a mail once somone registers.

Thank you so so much!!

Actually if someone doesn't receive an activation link by e-mail he can run the restore password procedure.

Or you can manually change the user's group and password and send the password to the user.

Parpalak wrote:

Actually if someone doesn't receive an activation link by e-mail he can run the restore password procedure.

Or you can manually change the user's group and password and send the password to the user.

It seems the punbb site was down for a while.

Is it posssible for an extension that will provide a link  to push an email reminding them to log in,  instead of having to manually email the users individually?