Topic: Integrating punbb login with my website

I have a website where I already have my own registration and login. I wanted to know how to be able to for example: The user can use the same login information from the website to also log in to the forum. Without having to register twice which can be annoying for someone. So I want someone to be able to log into the forum using the same login info they have from the site and not need to register in the punBB forum since they already registered to the site anyway.

Can someone please explain this to me in detail. I've looked around the forum and didn't find anything to what I was looking for, or it was never resolved.

Please help me with this,

Thanks

Re: Integrating punbb login with my website

What are you using to do your current registration and logins? Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal etc for example?

That might help people propose solutions.

You can add a new user to the DB of the forum directly, when the user registers at your site. Examine the code of "<FORUM_ROOT>/register.php" (lines 80-256).

It's just a regular site with its own registration and login that I created myself, I not using wordpress etc.

I looked into the register.php but what am I suppose to change? How do I go about doing that?

Like is there anyway to possibly send the information from my registration form, the username and password and it sends it also to pnb_users so that the same information can be used to login into the forum?

How adept are you with PHP?

I know the basics

umnstuff wrote:

I know the basics

That's a broad stick. big_smile Look in register.php where the $_POST information is, (when the completed form is submitted), and integrate that into your own script. All the relevant parsing and sanitising routines and the user check/creation queries are there.