Topic: Smileys whose size is not 15*15

Hi,

in help.php and include/parse.php, punbb force the size of the smileys to 15*15... I'm not sure that it's a good idea, as you might want to use smileys that might be bigger. Removing the width and height attributes of  the img tags solves the problem.

Bye!

Re: Smileys whose size is not 15*15

Yes, but it also makes web browsers delay final drawing of the page until it has loaded all the images.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yup smile
The best way would be to determine the size of the smileys with a library such as GD, but that's a bit overkill I think lol big_smile As the smileys aren't so big, removing the prédefined size of the smileys shouldn't be that painful.
That was just my advice smile

Keep up the good work!

Yes, that would be overkill :D You actually don't need GD for that. You can use getimagesize() from the default PHP function library, but we don't want to do that because it would involve a lot of disc access for topics with many different smilies.

I'll give it some thought, but I really don't think there's a pretty solution.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yup, no, i don't think it's a good thing to use getimagesize... Imagine, with a lot of smileys, how heavy that would be... in my case, i juste removed the attriutes... Maybe, just adding to the faq "if you want to use smileys whose size is not 15*15, please remove the attributes with and hight there and there" would be enough.. no?

Yes, that might be a good idea.

Fixed in 1.1.4.