Re: pun_poll

Some summary info page with 'running polls' and 'completed polls', 'polls without your vote' would be very nice smile

fantasma wrote:

Hello this version not work for me, when i add a poll in a post, not show after that i add new post.

Could you please describe the problem? Do you see any errors when you add a poll to a post?
And what version have you installed?

I just made a French translation for this great extension.

Here it is => Francais.zip

29 (edited by Cx 2009-08-20 09:45)

By the way I have some trouble installing this extension on a Punbb 1.3.4 board:

Here are the specs:

PunBB version

* PunBB 1.3.4
    * © Copyright 2008 PunBB
    * This board is setup to automatically check for updates and hotfixes against the punbb.informer.com updates service.

Server load

1.58 1.28 1.25 (1 users online)
Environment

* Operating system: Linux
    * PHP: 5.1.3RC4-dev - Show info
    * Accelerator: N/A

Database

* PostgreSQL 8.3.1

Default Language

* English

And here is the error message I get when I try to install it using the automated system:

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 94 in /mnt/137/sdc/8/9/galatine/forum/admin/extensions.php(176) : eval()'d code

Database reported: ERROR: column "p_pun_poll_enable_read" does not exist LINE 1: SELECT 1 FROM punbb_config WHERE conf_name = "p_pun_poll_ena... ^ .

Could you post the version number of the extension, please?

Sure :

Extensions available for install
Pun poll

* Created by PunBB Development team.
    * Version v1.1.2.
    * Adds polls feature for topics.

Install extension

Any chance to get a hotfix?

33 (edited by Cx 2009-09-18 11:32)

I tried on a new forum and the result was the same :

The error occurred on line 94 in /mnt/137/sdc/8/9/myforum/newforum/admin/extensions.php(176) : eval()'d code

Database reported: ERROR: column "p_pun_poll_enable_read" does not exist LINE 1: SELECT 1 FROM forum_config WHERE conf_name = "p_pun_poll_ena... ^ .

It also worked like a charm on another forum (based on mysql not postgresql), which seems to confirm that it has some link with the postgresql database.

The pun_poll 1.1.3 extension has been released!
Changes from previous version:

• Fixed some bugs in the extension

• Added poll preview

• Polls can be unlimited now.

Cx wrote:

I tried on a new forum and the result was the same :

The error occurred on line 94 in /mnt/137/sdc/8/9/myforum/newforum/admin/extensions.php(176) : eval()'d code

Database reported: ERROR: column "p_pun_poll_enable_read" does not exist LINE 1: SELECT 1 FROM forum_config WHERE conf_name = "p_pun_poll_ena... ^ .

It also worked like a charm on another forum (based on mysql not postgresql), which seems to confirm that it has some link with the postgresql database.

The problem and solution was described here. Fixed in pun_poll 1.1.3.

If I perform a "download and update" I get this when I click "install extension":

An error was encountered

Note: For detailed error information (necessary for troubleshooting), enable "DEBUG mode". To enable "DEBUG mode", open up the file config.php in a text editor, add a line that looks like "define('FORUM_DEBUG', 1);" (without the quotation marks), and re-upload the file. Once you've solved the problem, it is recommended that "DEBUG mode" be turned off again (just remove the line from the file and re-upload it).

Holding off from updating. Will provide debug info if requested.

Im getting the same error as TomeOne and im updating from Version 1.1.2 on PunBB 1.34   wink

Thanks for reporting! The error appeared because of misprint in the install hook. Fixed in pun_poll 1.1.4.

It broke post editing (any kind of post). If anyone tries to edit a post on my forum, they get:

Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:

* Count of options can't be less than 2.

If I disable the extension this no longer happens.

Thanks for reporting! Fixed in pun_poll 1.1.5.

New bug: it seems the first post of a thread can't be edited.

42 (edited by aakulaa 2009-10-08 02:29)

Hello

I think that great extansion has discomfort:
1. No diagrams
2. Impossible to use some variants of answer in the poll
3. Topic with poll hasn't a marker "Poll: ...."

If you will add those additions, it's will be Super Great extension! smile

Thanks

Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:

TomeOne wrote:

i confirm, just updated from 1.1.2

Just upgraded pun_poll to 1.1.5, and can confirm that this problem still persist.

TomeOne wrote:

Confirmed here. I disabled pun_poll extension as a workaround on my forums.
Is there any developer who is working on a fix?

Whater Soer wrote:

Just upgraded pun_poll to 1.1.5, and can confirm that this problem still persist.

I can't reproduce the bug. Did you try to edit your own post or another user's? Are you an administrator or a common member? Provide more details, please.

aakulaa wrote:

Hello

1. No diagrams

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas. I have added feature requests to the Wiki.

Admins/Mods can edit their own posts just fine, it's regular members who can't.

Slavok wrote:
Whater Soer wrote:

I can't reproduce the bug. Did you try to edit your own post or another user's? Are you an administrator or a common member? Provide more details, please.

Slavok wrote:
aakulaa wrote:

Hello

1. No diagrams

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas. I have added feature requests to the Wiki.

Regular uses can't edit their posts if the post is the first post in a thread. Administrators can still edit other people's posts and their own. This bug only affects regular users.

hussam wrote:

Regular uses can't edit their posts if the post is the first post in a thread. Administrators can still edit other people's posts and their own. This bug only affects regular users.

The same problem.
Hope will be fixed soon.