Topic: Subscriptions

Is there anywhere or anyway to view the subscriptions I have (topic subscriptions)..???

I can't see anywhere and what am I supposed to do?...remember all the threads I've subscribed to? Hmmm.....

Re: Subscriptions

Currently not. Some way of doing that is planned for 1.2. The only way you can see is when you get a notification e-mail.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

OK, thanks. I think it would certainly be useful for next version.

I would also love to see attachments. I've absolutely no need for avatars (I think they're a complete waste of space), but seeing as avatars can be uploaded by a user there seems no reason why attachments couldn't be, n'est ce pas? the technology is there, I think it should be applied to something useful.

Hugh

Adding attachments will involve a whole lot more than that. Just have a look at Frank H's attachment mod.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Right, I think I'll give that a miss for the timebeing!
I'm looking for a forum which has built-in attachments support. I actually did the mod for phpBB but it did my head in! Don't want to go through that again! Maybe I'll have to use Phorum or Invision - a shame, because PunBB is neat and fast.

Thanks anyway!

Well, I'm trying to keep the number of features at a minimum (it's what separates PunBB from so many others). I'm not sure about attachment support, but I doubt it. It's just such a big addition.

7 (edited by hj 2004-05-05 23:28)

Fully understood, Rickard, and I think you should stick to minimalising the features. Just for me, in this particular situation, I need attachments. But don't let that sway your direction for PunBB which is a fine piece of lightweight and fast scripting.