Topic: [Solved] Install problem

Hi

I've just tried to install 1.3.4 but get the following error message:-
The language pack you have chosen doesn't seem to exist or is corrupt. Please recheck and try again.

All files were uploaded exactly as in the archive, retaining all directory structures. PHP files were uploaded in ascii format. Running /admin/install.php just throws up the error message given above. The /lang/english/ directory is there and I've tried re-uploading the files but without luck. Are there any CHMODs that need to be done before it'll run??

Re: [Solved] Install problem

Please provide the error message text or post a screenshot

Gordei4ik wrote:

Please provide the error message text or post a screenshot

The error message is in my first post. All I get is a blank screen with the following displayed

The language pack you have chosen doesn't seem to exist or is corrupt. Please recheck and try again.

Hello? Anyone got any suggestions???

Delete everything you've uploaded.
Download it again.
Unpack it.
Then upload it .
Tale screenshots to keep as reference if it doesn't work (incl. URL in addressbar). [use snagit demo for example]

Have you created database table in hosts cpanel?

PS: This is a user - host problem. Not a code (PunBB) problem.

maybe its a problem with winrar oder winzip and the file ist broken ? download it again and try again !

7 (edited by djdubuque 2010-03-08 16:21)

Tring to install the BB but I get this error,  any help?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_strlen() in /home/mysite/public_html/forum2/admin/install.php on line 406

Never mind, if I was any younger I would have fixed this faster.  I found the problem

Smurf wrote:

Hi

I've just tried to install 1.3.4 but get the following error message:-

All files were uploaded exactly as in the archive, retaining all directory structures. PHP files were uploaded in ascii format. Running /admin/install.php just throws up the error message given above. The /lang/english/ directory is there and I've tried re-uploading the files but without luck. Are there any CHMODs that need to be done before it'll run??

Problem its here:

/lang/English not english