Topic: Style installation problem .. right version?

Hi guys firstly, apologies if this is the wrong section.

I have recently managed to get hold of a custom Style i had made for my gaming guild.
Now, i had a forum hosted for me by a friend but he since took it down. Im now trying to install punbb and my style but i cant seem to figure out what is wrong. I cannot remember the version he used although he says he "thinks" it was 1.3.
I am installing and then copying the style files across and im getting this error.

Warning: require(./style/Oxygen/Oxygen.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux134/e/eternaltwilight.co.uk/user/htdocs/header.php on line 121

Warning: require(./style/Oxygen/Oxygen.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux134/e/eternaltwilight.co.uk/user/htdocs/header.php on line 121

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './style/Oxygen/Oxygen.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear-php5') in /home/fhlinux134/e/eternaltwilight.co.uk/user/htdocs/header.php on line 121

Any help would be very very much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Style installation problem .. right version?

do you have a file  "yourstyle".php  in the style folder? One of the lines would be like below, linking to your style....
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="<?php echo $base_url.'/style/'.$forum_user['style'] ?>/yourstyle.css" />

does the oxygen default style work without trouble...?
if you don't have a "yourstyle".php file you probably had 1.2.x running,
your style won't work in that case...

Im not sure .... this is my file list from the style. He created it based on Oxygen.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4391/filesui.png

Hope you can work out what version im needing to install this. Also how hehe. Thanks in advance.

You should be able to do it with Version 1.3

Robert Futon wrote:

You should be able to do it with Version 1.3

Thats cool then. But how? Im sorry to sound silly hehe but i dont know what im doing wrong. I install it and replace the files, but i just get the error i posted.
Do i need to edit anything?

KeyDog wrote:

KeyDog wrote:

KeyDog wrote:
KeyDog wrote:

KeyDog wrote:

I saw that tongue

So it should be working with 1.2.x ? I tried that and it still messed up. Im guessing i need to edit something somewhere i dont know. Thanks anyway guys.

Looks like you've created chaos anyway....
index.php, viewforum.php belong in root... and header.php doesn't belong there either...

just download a fresh 1.3.4 an look at what is in the different directories....
and then upload them how you got them....

god knows what you've done :S

big_smile

KeyDog wrote:

Looks like you've created chaos anyway....
index.php, viewforum.php belong in root... and header.php doesn't belong there either...

just download a fresh 1.3.4 an look at what is in the different directories....
and then upload them how you got them....

god knows what you've done :S

big_smile

Thats what is in my zip file not on the server. I know they need to be placed in the correct places.

i have installed v1.2.2 and uploaded the files where they should be but now im getting a different error.

The constant PUN_ROOT must be defined and point to a valid PunBB installation root directory.

Any ideas?

sorry to bring this up again but would anyone be able to build me a style giving what i have already got? (image above)

Thanks. (im  desperate!)

Litos wrote:

build me a style giving what i have already got

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … -13-order/

Get in touch with that person....

I dont really want to be paying someone for a style that is already there though to be honest...