Topic: QuickQuote in PM reply

I need to insert QuickQuote into the PM reply box (My knowledge of the php is just basic)

I found this line in the PM function.php where to insert

<div class="main-subhead">
        <h2 class="hn"><span><?php echo $forum_page['heading'] ?></span></h2>

Now I found this line in the  QuickQuote manifest that looks like about right:

$forum_page['post_actions']['quote'] = '<span class="edit-post first-item"><a href="'.$quote_link.'" onclick="QuickQuote('.$cur_post['id'].'); return false;">'.$lang_pun_quote['Quote'].'</a></span>';

Any suggestions how to combine the two?

Re: QuickQuote in PM reply

If that can't be done via the temporary hooks system, to me it would be okay, if it's a permanent pointer.

The final html line after interpretation in the normal post looks like this:

<span class="edit-post first-item"><a href="http:/   ...    /post.php?tid=1&amp;qid=25" onclick="QuickQuote(25); return false;">QuickQuote</a></span>

There is option "Quote the beginning of the message in message lists." at the <FORUM_URL>/profile.php?section=settings&id=<user_id> page. Is this what you need?

Slavok wrote:

There is option "Quote the beginning of the message in message lists." at the <FORUM_URL>/profile.php?section=settings&id=<user_id> page. Is this what you need?

No, I need the message text in the PM reply box quick-quotable via clipboard (with the JS on).

The problem with this problem is that it's AN EXTENSION INSIDE AN EXTENSION. You have to take a feature from the QQ extension and insert into the code of the PM extension and I don't know how extensions work. Any ideas?

Interesting idea. I think pun_quote and pun_pm can be improved to work together.