1 (edited by frankpeng 2010-03-02 02:19)

Topic: One user cannot login on to punbb, please help.

Hi, Punbb gurus!
I set up a punbb and it worked for a while. Then one user reported he could not login. So I delete his record in the database and let him re-create his account. This won't fix his problem. He still won't be able to login.

Please help me to refresh his cookie.

Thanks a lot!

2 (edited by Jürgen 2010-03-02 12:59)

Re: One user cannot login on to punbb, please help.

I also have a few users that can not log in. I tried to log in using all the different browsers and it worked fine. I was told by somebody that Internet security software and toolbars might interfere with cookies. I know that some people have 6 toolbars - they can see only a small part of the web page  lol

I don't have any experience with tool bars and also would like to know what causes may prevent the login.

Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain

frankpeng wrote:

Then one user reported he could not login.

Did he have this problem with all browsers, which one is he using?

Jürgen wrote:

I was told by somebody that Internet security software and toolbars might interfere with cookies.

I noticed today with FF 3.5.8 on Vista that when I login and it tries to redirect FF blocks the new page from loading, asking if I want to allow it to go to a new website. Strange.

I do not know.
First, he forget his password. I don't know how to reset password. So I delete his record from the database. He then recreate the account. Then he cannot login on. Maybe it is my problem. Now I know, when I delete a user, and create a new one. They are not the same. The id is different.

frankpeng wrote:

I do not know.

Your job to find out

frankpeng wrote:

I don't know how to reset password.

Go to user profile, in introduction top right corner there's CHANGE PASSWORD

IMO this is not a bug, but a 'challenged user' problem wink (moved topic to troubleshooting)

6 (edited by frankpeng 2010-03-04 21:27)

Thank you!

I reset his password. I works in Canada. I will let him try it in China.

The web site is http://86000000132767.31615.com

Yes. It worked. Thanks a lot!