Topic: time wrong

I just added PunBB Forum to my website (oasotn.org/forum) but the time is inaccurate. How do I reset this?

Vanieca

Re: time wrong

You have to set a proper timezone in your profile. Also there is the "Default timezone" parameter at the "Administration » Settings » Setup" page. It affects the default timezone for new users.

Thank you for your reply. I set the default timezone when I set up the forum. It is not working correctly... or I'm doing something wrong. My site is www.oasotn.org/forum

Here's how I have it set up:

Default language: English
Default timezone: (UTC-08:00) Pacific
Adjust for DST - check
Time format:  g:i:A
Date format:  F-d-Y

The time says it's 9:52 PM when it's only 2:52 PM.

Thanks for your help.

Vanieca

Maybe the time settings on your server are wrong. You can check them by uploading and executing this small script:

<?php echo date("r"); ?>

It has displayed for me:

Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:05:10 +0400

14:05 is a correct time for my timezone now and +0400 is the time shift from GMT.

5 (edited by Jürgen 2010-04-07 08:22)

I was reading an old post from phpbb http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic … 38#p193051 which basically said that there could be automatic DST handling which would eliminate the need for the DST flag.

I have problems with the time too. The server is set to UCT and I don't think it is wonderful to get the users to change the DST flag twice a year. The server shows the correct time.

Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain

Maybe it's acceptable solution for small forums to depend on automatic server DST handling. But, in general, forum users can live in different countries with different date of changing to DST. This situation can't be handled automatically.