Topic: Icons for "sticky,closed" and "closed" are the same

I've been changeing the colours of the status indicator icons and it appears that the "Sticky, Closed" takes on the same attributes as the "Closed" icon. Also, it looks like the redirect icon takes on the attributes of the main-item icon.

Does anyone have a way around this?

Re: Icons for "sticky,closed" and "closed" are the same

To change the icons, you need to edit the CSS code.

3 (edited by Ole Juul 2010-05-11 20:11)

Slavok wrote:

To change the icons, you need to edit the CSS code.

That's what I have been doing, but it is not working. That is why I asked if anyone has a way around this. smile

What I would like to do is have it so that when I change the CSS code for the the status indicator icons that the "Sticky, Closed" does not take on the same attributes as the "Closed" icon. Also, it would be nice if the redirect icon didn't take on the same attribute as the main-item icon. Perhaps I should post this as a bug.

Edit: The code works well for everything else, it's just these two bugs that have me stumped.

I can't quite understand what the bugs are. For a sticky topic the CSS class is "icon posted sticky", for a closed topic - "icon closed", and for a sticky-closed topic the CSS class is "icon posted sticky closed". Are these the attributes you were talking about?

Slavok wrote:

I can't quite understand what the bugs are. For a sticky topic the CSS class is "icon posted sticky", for a closed topic - "icon closed", and for a sticky-closed topic the CSS class is "icon posted sticky closed". Are these the attributes you were talking about?

Yes. Under "status indicators" there is:
".brd .main-content .main-item .icon"
as well as "redirect", "sticky", "closed", "sticky .closed", and "new".

When I change the colour of the "closed" icon, the "sticky closed" changes as well. It is not possible to change the attributes of the "sticky closed" independently as it will always be the same as the "sticky". In the same way, the "redirect" icon appears to always be the same as the main item icon.

It is not very important that these two work, but it seems odd that there would be lines in the CSS for two attributes which do not have any effect.  The others look just great and function as expected. Forgive me for calling it a bug. smile Perhaps there is something which I don't understand here.

It's been a long time and no one has any suggestions so I guess I'll post it as a bug.

how do i change the css?

joby123 wrote:

how do i change the css?

where can i find the css file?

joby123 wrote:

where can i find the css file?

There are two, one is for colours. You find them in
forumroot/style/name/name.css name_cs.css
If your installation is default it will be
forumroot/style/Oxygen/Oxygen.css etc.

The _cs.css file is nicely annotated so it is not too difficult for a beginner to make changes. Make a backup first so you can go to town. smile