Topic: Built-in Portal.

It will be good if Built-in portal will be in the next version,
Like in IPB, With control on it from the control panel.

Think about it.
Eran.

Re: Built-in Portal.

Nope. If anything, some portal will have to integrate PunBB. Not the other way around.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i think the only thing i would like to see is something to integreat these forums into a portal.

ok so we have a portal something like www.mamboserver.com  (or those of u with the nuke portals)... and have the punBB forums, instead of the forums those portals might use.  most sites have people sign up for their portals, and their are a lot out their, and well.. nuke and others use modules to add additional scripts ie punBB to the project.

instead of loggin in for the portal and the forums because they use two differnt databases, it would be recomended to use the same database for the whole thing to integreat.

i dont know how to do any of this or impliment it, but i shure would like that big_smile
(im not talking about logging in from the front page, thats easy code, but logging into the portal itself will automatically log you into the forums, being one database (or two i dont know).

i dont even think that its a problem to include the forums in the portal design... thats extra work not needed and will slow the forums down anyways. sad being so lighting fast big_smile

just what i want to see tho.

Yes, I think the way to go is to have the "portal" application rely on PunBB's user table. Having multiple user tables is messy. Very messy.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."