Topic: Support Forum (?)

Can someone please point me to the Support Forum (link)... or is this it? Thanks.

Pete   (The oldfella)

Re: Support Forum (?)

I was under the impression this was it  hmm

Support forum denotes you paid for the software, with punBB being free, so you will have to post your support questions here and hope someone answers it.  big_smile

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/forum/ … eshooting/

is always a good place.

Thanks, KeyDog, and BenINBlack - No wonder I couldn't find it, I was looking for "Support Forum". Most of my questions have been answered behind the scene, sorry I made a pest of myself, KeyDog, I do appreciate your patience. Now I'll have to ask a few more to my proposed Web Host, "GoDaddy"... unless someone here recommends another sources for hosting PunBB.  Again, Thanks.

Pete    (The Oldfella)

I recommend hostgator.

I do emailing from my php apps and when I first tried them out they would let me run a smtp plug in I use all the time for emailing called "xpertmailer" you have to use these arcane scripts. (note: this might have changed since i tried them)

also hostgator, still has spam blocker setup, where as bluehost dropped it for this month spam blocking fee.

also, I just recently integrated punbb into a site where the user is managed by the site and not punbb and i have it auto creating forums. so can help some with hacking

Thanks, BenInBlack, I'll check it out...What about "iPage"?

Pete    (The Oldfella)

Just to a look at iPage.

here are some questions I ask to make sure they are up to snuf hosting

1. do they use cPanel for management? (cPanel is great host management)
2. do they allow "Innodb" engine types in databases? (some lock you at MyISAM only)
3. do they allow SMTP access from php apps? (I use xpertmailer)
4. do they allow remote access into databases admin? (I use Navicat for Mysql)
5. do they allow unlimited sub-domains? (I setup test sites for my customers under sub like custname.domain.com)

if they pass these questions then they are good host