Topic: Two problems relating to Avatars

My first problem is, if I were to set my max avatar's dimensions to 130x130,
Punbb won't let me upload a 120x100 picture.

Second, when I actually try to change my avatar, I delete the old one and choose to upload a new one. But the old avatar just returns!

Re: Two problems relating to Avatars

Second problem is probably your browser's cache - F5 (or CTRL + F5) should work.

The first one problem might be caused by too big (KB) image? Try to check whether you changed this value as well (since default is I believe 10KB, which is quite low)

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

ok, that works!

So i set the defaults, deleted my pic and logged out, cleared my cookies/cache junt in case,
loggin, set the max dim., and tried uploading again.....oddly enough it works now...?

Grez wrote:

Second problem is probably your browser's cache - F5 (or CTRL + F5) should work.

Is there any possibility to make it auto-reload the cache on that image when a new one is uploaded?

@kiejr: Nope, only if you disable your browser's whole cache (which is fairly bad idea, since you'd have to download whole site each time => it would take more time and bandwith) wink

How do different forums manage it so the avatar refreshes as soon as a new one's been uploaded?

kiejr: Some of them use unique name for each avatar (=> avatar isn't cached), but this is another thing to save in db, so it isn't imo really nice way  neutral

I'm thinking that solution might be adding META in the <head> (to profile.php), but I'm not precisely sure about how browser's cache work (for example if the avatar is already cached if it will load again...)
[code=html]<META http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">[/code]