1 (edited by Slavok 2010-02-26 14:28)

Topic: Forum news (pun_forum_news)

A new extension pun_forum_news has just been released. This extension allows users to mark topics or posts as “news”. The news is shown on a special page. More information you can find in the Wiki. It is already installed on our forums, you can see it in action right now.(http://punbb.informer.com/forums/news/http://punbb.informer.com/forums/feed/rss/news/.)
Links:

Feel free to post bug reports and make a suggestions about extension improving.

2 (edited by tzz 2010-08-04 13:18)

Re: Forum news (pun_forum_news)

Hi everyone. Can you help me?
I have installed extension pun_forum_news.  “News” link  is the second in the main menu, after link "index".
How can I do that the link "News" will be the third or fourth in the main menu?

Sorry for my English.

this extension behaves incorrectly if you try to edit or delete a news post. Also it gets a bit messy with a poll on it even more

I have another problem with this extension. I need the thread title as the link instead of the date. I still like the date to show without being a link underneath it in smaller font.

Am I the only person who likes the thread title as the link as opposed to the date/time?

Is this extension no longer being updated?

I agree with wandy's posts here. Editing seems to work for me, but deleting posts causes them to remain in the news list. (I suppose it would be a workaround to make it not news and then delete it, but still, it's a bug.) It would also be nice to have the thread title somewhere along with the timestamp -- maybe:
"In [thread title] at [timestamp]"

This extensions is supported and updated.

I'm getting this error everywhere:
Warning: require(./ extensions/
pun_forum _news/ lang/English/
pun_forum _news. php)
[ function.require ]: failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in /
home/a 9376970/public_ html/pun/
include/common. php(129) : eval
()'d code on line 13

If anyone needs me I'll be reinstalling punbb wink

What version pun_forum_news you installed?

I downloaded it from the link in the first post. The forums on my site are working again, btw.

Use http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/ for latest version.

Thank you. I was looking for that page smile

is it difficult to make pun_forum_news output the text on my wordpress mainpage aswell?

gorelord4e wrote:

is it difficult to make pun_forum_news output the text on my wordpress mainpage aswell?

I don't think that's within the capacity of that extension, you'd need a wordpress extension to do that.

Hi,

Version: 1.1.3

I only want the registered users to access the news. Guests must not be able to view it. Is there somewhere an option for that?

Sorry to bump this thread but I'd rather use the easy option way than dive deep into the code...