1 (edited by Abir 2016-02-03 20:24)

Topic: [RELEASE] bbcode_html (Allow html in post, reply, pm)

Extension: bbcode_html
version: 0.0.1

CHANGELOG
==initial release==

USER MANUAL
just wrap your html code in [htm][/htm] tag.

UPDATE 4
Version : 2.0.1
html End tag bug fixed.

Download

Re: [RELEASE] bbcode_html (Allow html in post, reply, pm)

And inside those tags we can write any html code and punbb recognize it?

smile

3 (edited by Abir 2012-08-02 15:37)

@Otf yeah, you can use any html entity in [htm] wrap ( except header tags ) .

Quite dangerous don't you think?

If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

@Kushi hmm some sort of xss attacks can be made through this I guess. but I'm working with security issues too. Hope soon I can release a secure one.

Well should I delete this thread ? Actually I released this in hope that I would get some positive security reports from experts to work with.

7 (edited by Abir 2012-08-02 18:15)

Security issues are fixed now(as far as reported or I noticed while testing). Update on the main post.

Update 2 : Graphical button implemented.

UPDATE 3
Version : 0.9.1
BBcode Help included.
Help content Language Support.

Download Link on the main post.

UPDATE 4
Version : 2.0.1
html End tag bug fixed.

Updated Download Link on the main post again. tongue

HELP !!! I installed this extension on 1.3.2 punBB and now my whole website is down !!!!

I have this : on all pages : Notice: Undefined variable: forum_loader in /home/www/c23ee494339f4673173c93ff37a3a87a/web/forum-scpo/header.php(135) : eval()'d code on line 422

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_css() on a non-object in /home/www/c23ee494339f4673173c93ff37a3a87a/web/forum-scpo/header.php(135) : eval()'d code on line 422

I've just deleted the HTML_BBcode folder in extension directory but it changes nothing, my whole website is down !!

Please help, what can I do to get back !!!

PLEAAAASSE !!

PLEAAAAAAASE MY WEBSITE IS DOWN BECAUSE OF THE INSTALLATION OF THIS EXTENSION WHAT CAN I DO !!!!!!

I uploaded the former version of the main directory on the server but it changes nothing, I still have :

Notice: Undefined variable: forum_loader in /home/www/c23ee494339f4673173c93ff37a3a87a/web/forum-scpo/header.php(135) : eval()'d code on line 422

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_css() on a non-object in /home/www/c23ee494339f4673173c93ff37a3a87a/web/forum-scpo/header.php(135) : eval()'d code on line 422

I can't go anywhere on my website !!!! Neither in the admin board nor on the forum nor on the welcome page !!!!

HEEEEEEEELP !!!

PLEASE HELP I'm gonna gie !

Are you OK?

This extension is for 1.4, update your forum to this version.

Firstly open config.php and uncomment:

//define('FORUM_DISABLE_HOOKS', 1);

Then uninstall this extension, update your forum to 1.4, and then re-install bbcode_html.

This extension has just killed my website !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to change my version, I just want to have my websoite back to it original situation !!!

I can't uninstall this extension because I can't access to the admin board. I have erased this extension (both folder and in database but it changes nothing, I still have this message !!

Oh my god.

I opened config.php and copy paste //define('FORUM_DISABLE_HOOKS', 1);

It changes nothing...

What I don't understand is that I re-uploaded the directory without the changes made by this extension but it changed nothing !!! Usually, when I make a mistale and reupload previous version from local folder, it get back to previous situation.

Here, it changes nothing !! What has been changed by this extension on my website ???

Oh my god it's panic here !!!

I went in the database, and I I didn't fin at all what this extension changed, be it on config table, on anycode_hook table, or on extension_hook table.

Can anyone tell me where this extension made change on my website and where I can change this so that I can erase all the changes and get back to previous situation ?

OK I copied pasted define('FORUM_DISABLE_HOOKS', 1); on config.php and logically I've lost all my extensions nd my hooks, but at least my website works...

I would like to supress all the effects of this extension.

Where should I go, be it on source code files or in database, to erase all the effects of this extension ?

Then I will be able to get my extensions back, and my website back to normalty.

Can the developer of this extension tells where this extension make changes and tell how to erase it ?

Eretz wrote:

OK I copied pasted define('FORUM_DISABLE_HOOKS', 1); on config.php and logically I've lost all my extensions nd my hooks, but at least my website works...

I would like to supress all the effects of this extension.

Where should I go, be it on source code files or in database, to erase all the effects of this extension ?

Then I will be able to get my extensions back, and my website back to normalty.

Can the developer of this extension tells where this extension make changes and tell how to erase it ?

1. ('FORUM_DISABLE_HOOKS', 1); on config.php
2. you deleted the extension in the wrong way before so put it back and then disable and uninstall it.
3. remove the 1.  ('FORUM_DISABLE_HOOKS', 1); on config.php
4. activate the old extensions you had before.

OK thank you so much for this advice !!!!!! I try this and get back.

RULE N°1 : CHECK THE EXTENSION VERSION BEFORE ACTING IN ANY WAY :'-( This little action without checking version cost me lots of problem...

It worked thank you so much !!!!

Hello, i guess that allowing every new user to post html may be dangerous, would that be possible to allow only admin to post and edit html in post ?

You have tried to place the tags as a user?

if all the user may add [html] tag , it is necessary to check for the presence of [html] tag.

25 (edited by zetrader 2016-04-23 18:22)

Yes i have tried before, it works as a user, new user or guest (if we allow guests to post).
Maybe a way to avoid news users to use htm would be to hide the html button from bbcode buttons and tell the html function only to users that you know well ? If it helps in some functions allowing html for some members.
I've seen Abir made some changes to avoid some security attacks, maybe it's secure enough now, i don't know, i guess it would be enough if new users don't see it o can't do it.