Topic: Moving punBB

Hello All,

I am an experiened programmer but a newbie when it comes to forums.  I spent some time checking out different forum software options and finally settled for punBB.  Thus far the tests I have done on my local WAMP server leave me feeling verry very impressed - it appears to be well written, works out of the box... .

I have two questions -

• would it be possible to create the core setup for the forums I want to mange on my local Windows/WAMP setup and then transfer everything over (database dump + the whole punbb folder) to my CentOS 6 64 bit server or am I just cooking up issues to deal with.  Doing it all directly on the server is possible - doing it locally would be a tad easier.

• Is there an easy plugin which will enable me to use a graphical captcha of some description on the registration and topic submission screens

I'd much appreciate any help

Re: Moving punBB

Hmmm..... Very surprised not to get a reply to what sound like rather trivial newbie questions.  One of the criteria for selecting software is the strength of its user community. On present evidence it would seem like the punBB community is either too small or not too supportive... .