Topic: the database

I'll be building my whole homepage upon the punbb forum so I can use template and login system for all pages and not just for the forum. Do you think this is a good idea? Or maybe I should say: do you think it'll cause me any trouble? Will the homepage be better/faster if I don't use the same style the forum has?

And then another question, but this time about the punbb database; is it recommended to make a new database for the news and comment (and so on) tables, or can I use the same database the punbb tables is located in? Why I ask this is because if all tables is located in the same database I would only need one database connection and you have already set that in your forum code. So if I can use the template (etc) to build by homepage with I don't need to make another connection to another database..

I hope I didn't make the text and the questions to complicated now wink

Re: the database

There are no particular issues you need to worry about and as you said yourself, putting it in the same database will make life a lot easier for you since you can just use $db.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ok, thank you for thar quick answer! punbb 1.2 will still be using this easy template right!? so you can schange everything easily.

Yes. The markup will change, but not the template system. We might add a new template for the admin interface though. We'll see.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."