1 (edited by zetrader 2017-04-16 14:58)

Topic: Time limit to edit post/topics for normal users

Hello, maybe i didn't look well but i didn't see any option in PunBB to put a time limit for editing posts for normal users (in PhpBB we can put a limit time to edit a post, 1 hour, 2 hours, 1 day etc...).
I don't think it's a good idea to let the possibility to edit posts/topics forever, it can let happen :
- spam (some spammers can post normal and change a week or a month later all the messages with spams)
- deleting messages or change messages in topic to make appear someone else a fool
etc...
So is there an extension that allows to put a limit edit of posts/topics for a normal user ?
I guess something like 24 hours to edit a post or topic would be enough for a normal user.

Re: Time limit to edit post/topics for normal users

Look extension "Post edit control."

https://github.com/dimkalinux/Fancy-Extensions/

Thank you sempai, it still works fine with PunBB 1.4.4 smile

Thanks for that answer, had the same problem:)

zetrader wrote:

Hello, maybe i didn't look well but i didn't see any option in PunBB to put a time limit for editing posts for normal users (in PhpBB we can put a limit time to edit a post, 1 hour, 2 hours, 1 day etc...).
I don't think it's a good idea to let the possibility to edit posts/topics forever, it can let happen :
- spam (some spammers can post normal and change a week or a month later all the messages with spams)
- deleting messages or change messages in topic to make appear someone else a fool
etc...
So is there an extension that allows to put a limit edit of posts/topics for a normal user ?
I guess something like 24 hours to edit a post or topic would be enough for a normal user.

It is right for you if there is an opportunity to do this, it's great, too, in punbb