Topic: Forum in frame or iframe - how?

This evening when i finally finished my forum, i found out punBB does not work well in combinations with frames and IE6. Searching this forum, i found several solutions but i can't get it to work.

One suggestion is to try  out different values for cookie_domain in the config.php.
What kind of values are these?

Another one is using an iframe, but i still can't login when i use an iframe. What am i doing wrong?? Can somebody explain it to me?

Re: Forum in frame or iframe - how?

Could you post a link to your forum.

Not with the forum in a frame or iframe. Because nobody can login, i removed it and put my "old" guestbook back in the original frame. I did not finish the page with iframe, just tested it on my local server and found out that wasn't working either.

I changed the templates and put the forum, my site-header and site-menu in a table so i don't need to know how to put the forum in a frame or iframe anymore wink

But there's one thing i wish was posible: to use a dot.tk or a no-ip.net domain-name. But because that goes with frames, i guess that is not possible?

You must use a frame redirect i suppose. http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/9206.html

Marianne wrote:

... i wish was posible: to use a dot.tk or a no-ip.net domain-name. But because that goes with frames, i guess that is not possible?

I see that dR slIzer has PunBB running on a no-ip address. His url is in his profile. Maybe he could help.

I have the same problem. It would be nice if i could put the forum inside a frame cause then i could easily add other sections to the Page (I have an inofficial forum for the students in my school).

For now i have solved the problem by adding an useless startpage with a link to the forum, but i would like to change that... Could we not get an update which is frame-compatible? It would be nice... smile

does no-ip  put it in a frame? I thought it only assingns a dns to your ip address. I use dyndns absolutly fine.

Do, or do not.

It does when you use a no-ip domain-name as web-redirect and you want to see that url in the adress-bar instead of the original url.

My forum is hosted on a different host as the rest of my site so i wanted to use a dot.tk of a no-ip domain name, but that's not possible (yet).