1 (edited by Meilad 2005-10-21 12:30)

Topic: !!***!!!!

!!***!!!!

Re: !!***!!!!

Well, it's supposed to be that way. You would like to know how many posts a user has posted, don't you? I think it's more interesting to know how many posts a user has posted totally, than just how many posts there are left in the database...

Remember that some people use the 'prune' option, to delete old topics to save space etc.

A persons postcount would then be lowered, and that isn't nice imho.

And if you're an admin/moderator, you can go and lower his post count manually...

Meilad: Why do you post the same message twice? I answered in the other topic.

Also, please stop with the ???????. One question mark will do.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Meilad wrote:

Oh and is this syncing post count gonna happen anytime or is it not in like deliberately?

I probably won't change PunBB so that it update the post counter as posts are deleted, but maybe I will add a feature to the admin interface that synchonizes the post counter for all members.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

6 (edited by hcgtv 2004-06-27 23:39)

I deleted a post, I can see the logic behind leaving the user post count alone, but it also left the forum post count alone. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

It did? The forum post counter should definately update. Just a sec. I'll try it here.

I just tried posting a few test posts and the forum counter works. Can you reproduce the bug in these forums?

Rickard wrote:

I just tried posting a few test posts and the forum counter works. Can you reproduce the bug in these forums?

I did a test post in the test forum then deleted it, it works fine here. I have to see what is going on in my install.