Topic: User Edits: Possible, Plausible or Forget It?

Ok, this might sound odd, but, well, so are the people that frequent my board.  I mean that in the nicest possible way, mind you.

One user wants his post count to be a negative number.  I tried to make it so, but it just reverts to zero.  Can this be done?  If so, teach me, pls.

Another user wants his registration date to say simply "Tomorrow."  Come to think of it, I do, too.  Is this feasible, and if so, can you help me make it work?

Please keep in mind that I know little to nothing about PHP, and still haven't mastered tables in HTML (though that is my own doing, as I detest them), so take baby steps here if at all possible.  Again, sorry for the recent deluge of dumb questions posed by yours truly.

Re: User Edits: Possible, Plausible or Forget It?

I could probably help you out with the first one, but the second one will be a bit more difficult. Especially if you want it to display "Tomorrow" only for specific users. I'll look at it later tonight.

Maybe someone else has some time left over to do the first mod?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Exactly what do you mean with negative? Negative as in begin with zero posts, and then you have -1 posts and so on?

If so, replace:

if ($pun_config['o_show_post_count'] == '1')
    $info .= "\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".$lang_common['Posts'].': '.$cur_post['num_posts'];

with:

if ($pun_config['o_show_post_count'] == '1'){
    $min = $cur_user['id'] == 12 ? '-' : '';
    $info .= "\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".$lang_common['Posts'].': '.$min.$cur_post['num_posts'];
}

in viewtopic.php (and change 12 to the specific id)

Edit1: I've not tested it, so I'm not sure it works as you want...

Edit2: Your users have weird requests :D

The first guy wants his postcount to display  as a negative number...  Like -24624 or some such.  I'd assume that if it started out at, say, -50, after a post, it would become -49.  I know Invision Board works like that, but it's also a bloated piece of crap.

As for the second request, he just wants his reg date to say Tomorrow.  No one else does, at least for the moment.  That may change once the rest of my whacky, crazy users catch wind of it.

Yes, my users are an odd group, but I love 'em smile

Any updates?

Also, is there a way to to allow mods and admins format a user's title with HTML?  I'm fond of the marquee tag.  Don't shun me.

The last one I can help you with. Open up include/functions.php and search for

// If the user has a custom title
if ($user['title'] != '')
    $user_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($user['title']);

replace it with

// If the user has a custom title
if ($user['title'] != '')
    $user_title = $user['title'];

But don't do this if users are allowed to set their own title.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."