Topic: reset password?

Hi!
I've installed PunBB on my website but it was a very long time since I used it and now when I'm about to log in I don't remember the password. I don't want to reinstall this forum but if it's the last way out then I've to do it.
Is there eny chance to reset the password by logging on to the FTP and some kind of file to reset with or is just to reinstall?
Can I save the posts from the Forum or isn't it possible?

Re: reset password?

Maby use the forgot pasword link ?

Else you could install the forum some where else. Go in to the database of the frech install true phpmyadmin or something,  go to the user table select your account and copy the password bit.

Next go to the database of your site and past the password in your account. Now you are able to login on the old forum with the password of the new install.

Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Just an Apache inside.

It won't send any forgotten password to the administrators account. But the other way you mentioned sound way to difficult

I just tryed and I got a e-mail with my pass as administrator. Version 1.1.4 ...

There is no easy way like download a file to recover a password, even if you get in to the database you can't read the password (and belive me thats a good thing). Maby some one else knows a faster way to recover it.

Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Just an Apache inside.

Getting a new password via the "Forgot password" link should work. If it doesn't, you can reset the password manually directly in the database. Just have a look at the users table and look up the user you want to edit and replace the password field with e.g. 3d801aa532c1cec3ee82d87a99fdf63f. You can then login with the password temp.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."