1 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2004-07-14 02:51)

Topic: pun cms?

how hard would it be to make a cms like Rickard's that has an admin panel? or is there one in the works, hopefully? i have been looking for one ever since i found punbb and have found only 2 sites so far, Rickard's and http://www.parmaja.com/ . unfortunatly i'm not a coder in any stretch or i would do it myself.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Re: pun cms?

It would be a case of designing a skin for an existing cms. The parmaja site is a typical cms layout with a view into your forum posts.

I'm working on such a skin.

which cms if i may ask are you "skinning"?

but i guess a better question is would someone be willing to build a cms with punbb in mind? VERY lean and fast with a admin panel to administer the forum and the content.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

which cms if i may ask are you "skinning"?

but i guess a better question is would someone be willing to build a cms with punbb in mind? VERY lean and fast with a admin panel to administer the forum and the content.

I'm skinning Nucleus.

Both systems should be seperate but function together.

5 (edited by hcgtv 2004-08-28 00:19)

Dr. Jeckyl, I got a skin for you to look at.

Here: http://hcgtv.org/blog/10

Still playing with it, just some quick CSS hacks to mimic punbb.org.

Update: Skin is not available anymore but we will be designing a new one soon. Just wanted to add this update since i have seen many PunBB users hit the above url with no success.

hcgtv: Is all the nucleus xhtml in the template/skin file. If it is then wouldn't it be possible to rewrite the template to work off a PunBB style sheet? In effect creating a PunBB skin for nucleus which would really make them look integrated.

Paul wrote:

hcgtv: Is all the nucleus xhtml in the template/skin file. If it is then wouldn't it be possible to rewrite the template to work off a PunBB style sheet? In effect creating a PunBB skin for nucleus which would really make them look integrated.

Yes, Nucleus is xhtml compliant.

Since I'm more familiar with Nucleus. Rather than change div tag names in my skins/templates to match the PunBB CSS, I just made my CSS have the same color values as the punbb.org site which uses oxygen.css and site.css.

But yes, if the skins/templates have the same element names as the PunBB CSS then they could share the same look and feel.

I just downloaded nuclues. It looks as if it wouldn't be that difficult to make it look exactly like PunBB.

Once I've finished with the xhtml/css for PunBB 1.2 I think I will have a go at writing a PunBB 1.2 skin for nucleus (I would seem to be the obvious person to do it). Would you be able to test it out?

Paul wrote:

Once I've finished with the xhtml/css for PunBB 1.2 I think I will have a go at writing a PunBB 1.2 skin for nucleus (I would seem to be the obvious person to do it). Would you be able to test it out?

Sure, send it my way. I'll add it to my skins site.

The skin I did was a proof of concept, a rather crude hack.

Paul wrote:

Once I've finished with the xhtml/css for PunBB 1.2 I think I will have a go at writing a PunBB 1.2 skin for nucleus.

Paul, just wondering if you'd had any time for a skin for Nucleus?

I'm at a point where I'm ready to create a site to specifically showcase the integration of Nucleus and PunBB.

Thanks.