1 (edited by notnamed 2004-07-16 18:07)

Topic: Forums still display 1.1.4

Hi,
I installed 1.1.5 per spec, and everything seems to work, except the version number still says 1.1.4. Is there something else I should have changed that was not listed in the install.html included in the zip file?
Thanks.

(added)

Hmm. Maybe the instructions should say to use 11_to_115_update.php instead of install.php
Or at least be more clear about what to use.

Re: Forums still display 1.1.4

I think they are quite clear.

3. Upgrading from 1.1.*
Follow these instructions to update your current 1.1.* installation to 1.1.5. It is recommended that the forum be put into maintenance mode (Admin/Options) during the update procedure.

NOTE: Make backups before proceeding! Use the tool mysqldump for MySQL and pg_dump for PostgreSQL. Also backup any CSS (style/) and template files (include/template/) that you have made changes to.

1. Update all scripts to 1.1.5. This is easily done by uploading the contents of the directory upload/ into your forum root directory (overwriting any existing files).
2. Copy/upload the script 11_to_115_update.php from the directory scripts/ to the forum root directory and run it through your browser. A message will appear when the update process has completed. Once the update script has finished you should remove the script from the forum root directory.

You should now be running PunBB 1.1.5.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by notnamed 2004-07-16 20:17)

I saw that, yes, but...

This document includes installation and upgrade instructions for PunBB 1.1.4. If you are upgrading from 1.1.*, skip to section 3.

Emphasis mine. I took that to mean upgrading from OTHER versions of 1.1.x

Also note the install.html included in the ZIP file I downloaded said:

Follow these instructions to update your current 1.1.* installation to 1.1.4.

And the header says:

Installation instructions for PunBB 1.1.4

Ah, you're correct. I forgot to update the install.html in the changed files archive. I'll fix it right away.

Edit: Done.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks smile