1 (edited by Raybo 2004-07-31 10:05)

Topic: Problems with Style sheet [on Mac]

Hi guys,

I have posted this issue elsewhere, and even pitched it on several reverse auctions.  Unfortunately, I've had trouble with getting it done the right way, so I thought I'd post here just to see offhand if there are any OSX guys who wish to take this on.

I need a good CSS person to fix three items on my style sheet, so if you're that guy/gal, please let me know asap, as it't time sensitive.  So far I have received bids around $30-50 - which I find reasonable to pay for a style sheet fix and addition.

This will be my first foray in doing an all tableless design. While the style to draw the page is all tableless, naturally, I have had to use html tables where necessary [ie: pulls from sql, etc].

1) Things look fine on almost every browser except IE 6.0 on PC.

For some reason, the second I put a div tag in my page, the CSS breaks, and forces the content side of the page to render below the page fold. - This occurs right after our righthand navigation, so I am certain it's an issue with my style sheet.

2) I'm using a CSS drop-down menu in our header. This renders correctly on all browsers, except under FireFox, the menu 'flickers' [for the lack of a better term]. When it drops down, the menu jumps around and the page is showing through the menu itself.

At first, I thought it would be setting it to transparent [or something weird as that], but that is not the case here.

I am considering a new scheme here, so the menu is subject to change.

3) ... and finally, I am having trouble validating. My header and footer is flushed to 100% of the browser space, but my content and nav needs to stand off a few pixels. The only way I have been able to accomplish this is to use a marginset in the body tag, which obviously negates my validation. [xhtml transitional].

I have done everything I can do till I'm blue in the face, and it's time to bring out the armor. I just need someone's help who knows this stuff. :>)

I have posted these issues on several good forums, but nothing has come out of it. I have tried all responses' suggestions, tips, etc., but wind up with exactly the same problem(s) above, especially where IE 6 is concerned.

I'm at a point where I'm hammered doing other work, so what I would like to do is pay someone to fix these sore-spots for me, and explain what they had to do to correct.

Rather than reply to this forum, please send me an email if you're interested.

Thanks!