Topic: pm system wont display new messages

if i send a message on my board everything seems to be working fine.  however the header of my page doesnt display if a new message has arrived.  i assume its something wrong either header_new_messages.php or header.php.  i looked around but cant find what.

im using pms ver 1.1.1 and my board is 1.1.5.  however i thought it might have something to do with my main.tpl.  i basicly took the entire header out of it and replaced it with an include to my own. that means i the header of the actuall site is in a different directory and the javascript is there too.

if you have any suggestions i would love to hear them. smile

Re: pm system wont display new messages

It sounds like you've missed to include some file. Try to add some echo-lines and see what happens.

3 (edited by sporkit 2004-08-14 00:48)

ok good idea.  it seems that it does include header_new_message.php tries to execute the code when a new message appears but a variable must be different.

if i send a new message and use these echo statements this is what i get.

// Check for new messages
        $result_messages = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id) FROM '.$db->prefix.'messages WHERE showed=0 AND owner='.$cur_user['id']) or error('Unable to check for new messages', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
        if ($db->result($result_messages, 0)){
            $tpl_temp .= '<br><a class="punhot" href="message_list.php">'.$lang_pms['New messages'].'</a>';
echo ("should display new message<br>");
        }

start hnm
check new message
should display new message
below require

silly me.  i posted the require code in the wrong place.  i thought i check it twice but it looks similar to another statement.  completely my falut though.

thanks for the mod Chacmool!

Great :)

Can I change the install someway to make it easier to install?

your instructions just fine. the code just above where the included looks similar to code on another part of the board.  my mistake though. smile