Re: Converter: PhpBB2 -> PunBB1.1 v2.0b3

I have punBB installed but when I run the converter I get this:

Error: Unable to add Guest-user

Any advise is appreciated.

Could you enable debug-mode (in include/common.php) and try again. This gives an error-message with more information.

Yes, thanks for your help.  Result:

File: /public_html/ej/forum/convert/_start.php
Line: 40

PunBB reported: Unable to add Guest-user

Database reported: Y (Errno: Y)

I dumped everything and started over.  But I still have the error.  I can put any nonexistent db name in and it still generates the error, just an fyi.

Okay. I don't know what the error means :(

Are you using MySQL or PostgreSQL?

mysql

I don't think it is a DB issue....  I can put any database in there and it still spits out the same error.

More about the environment:

Redhat Linux 3.0ES
Apache 2.0.46
PHP 4.3.2
MySQL 3.23.58
PunBB 1.1.5
phpBB 2.0.10
PhpBB2_to_PunBB1.x_converter_v.2.0b3

The db user has all privileges to both DBs.

After a little more work - it seems to only error whereever $_SESSION['pun'] is referenced.  What is the difference between $_SESSION['pun_prefix'] and $_SESSION['pun'] as they are both listed.  Pardon me if this is a silly question but if I change anything with ['pun'] to ['pun_prefix'] it seems to work.

$_SESSION['pun_prefix'] is only the prefix (example: "pun_"), and $_SESSION['pun'] is the database and the prefix (example: "forum.pun_"). This is done beqause I don't have to use two variables everywhere in the code.

Do you have both forums in one database? That's probably why it works...

No, they are in two different DBs.  It works and now it is converted except for _end.php.  I just left it alone and it is ready to go now.

indyjon wrote:

No, they are in two different DBs.  It works and now it is converted except for _end.php.  I just left it alone and it is ready to go now.

What happened in _end.php then?

I'm glad if you help me, don't want other people to have the same problem (as they might give up instead of solving it like you did). By the way, is it a large forum? Can I see it? :)

I continued to get an error on line 25 in _end.php.  I looked at it and figured that I could live without it.  Otherwise I changed $_SESSION[pun] to $_SESSION[pun_prefix] in every file that errored out.  The error was always ERRNO: Y.

I do not know why it works and I am not sure if it should work but that is what I did to get the conversion to run.

The forum is very small and dead.  But here it is:

current: http://enjoyindy.com/
test: http://enjoyindy.com/forum/