1 (edited by LittleBigMan 2004-08-01 14:38)

Topic: Danish Language Pack v1.0

##
##
##        Mod title:  Danish Language Pack
##
##      Mod version:  1.0
##   Works on PunBB:  1.1.5 (haven't tested it on other versions)
##     Release date:  2004-08-01
##           Author:  Jonas Bæk (mail@jonasbæk.dk | mail@xn--jonasbk-rxa.dk)
##
##      Description:  This is a language pack for Danish users - or users who
##                    understand Danish.
## 
##   Affected files:  dk_common.php
##                    dk_delete.php
##                    dk_edit.php
##                    dk_forum.php
##                    dk_help.php
##                    dk_index.php
##                    dk_login.php
##                    dk_misc.php
##                    dk_post.php
##                    dk_prof_reg.php
##                    dk_profile.php
##                    dk_register.php
##                    dk_search.php
##                    dk_stopwords.txt
##                    dk_topic.php
##                    dk_userlist.php
##                    activate_email.tpl
##                    activate_password.tpl
##                    form_email.tpl
##                    new_reply.tpl
##                    new_reply_full.tpl
##                    welcome.tpl
##
##       Affects DB:  No
##
##       DISCLAIMER:  Please note that "mods" are not officially supported by
##                    PunBB. Installation of this modification is done at your
##                    own risk.
##
##

I have created a language pack for PunBB 1.1.5, offering a full translation of the mail-templates as well.

Please feel free to download it at: www.jonasbæk.dk/files/dk.zip

Re: Danish Language Pack v1.0

Great! PunBB 1.1.* needed a Danish pack. However, there are a few things about the stopwords list you need to fix. First, it should not contain words that are shorter than three characters and second, it must not contain phrases (only single words). Perhaps you can have a peek at the stopwords list for PunBB 1.0 (here). I'm not sure it's any good, but maybe you forgot some of the more important words. I have no idea, I don't speak Danish :)

Fix that and I'll upload it with the rest of the packs on the download page.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Looks good allthough it contains a few spelling and grammar errors. I would be glad to offer my help corecting these: I wonder though, is it intentional that some parts are not translated?

Hmm... I know it was a bit fast translated - however, it is very diffecult to translate it I think. The biggest problem with the stopword list, is the fact, that the Danish curriculum of words isn't that big, so many of the English word simply can't be translation properly. Further we have so many short words, it's simply rediculous :-)

I used the the windows-translator for the translation - so it's not intentionally that I have missed some parts. Grammar errors? OK, didn't know that. I will see to that - and fix the errors if I find them.

I will take a look at the stop-word list for v1 -as well.

Thanks

LittleBigMan

The stopwords list shouldn't just be a translation of the english list. See this topic for info on what to include in a stopwords list.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

What seems to be missing is in dk_common.php from 'Maintenance' and the following 15 lines of which none are translated. 'Unstick topic' and 'Stick topic' have been switched and so on. I would recommend going though the files by hand and not relying entirely on PunTranslator. (Don't forget to report any bugs in PunTranslator to zaher).

Grammar error are primarily present as words not properly agglomerated into compounds; such as "Start etiketten" which should be "Startetiketten" (I would recommend using "starttagget" though, and yes, "tag" is a word approved by DSN).

Otherwise good work.

CodeDuck: If you feel you have the time, by all means fix what needs to be fixed and send me the updates pack :)

I might just do that after my thesis defence next week...

Hey,

I'm terrible sorry, that I haven't been doing anything... I thought I had the time to fix it.

Please feel free to do the rest...

Please send me a mail if you want me to remove the package from my domain.

Jonas Bæk

I'll do - no problem. But, Rickard, how is 1.2 coming along and are there any major changes in lang-packs from 1.1.5 to 1.2.
The real question is, should I do the lang-pack for 1.1.5 and upgrade to 1.2 when it comes, or wait?

It's coming along just fine. And yes, there are major changes in the language packs. Some files aren't affected at all, but some have changed quite a bit. I recommend that you wait for 1.2.