Topic: Dev : DHTML Real Player BBcode (waouh ! :))

I have dev' a code (One line Javascript and a few css lines) to read Real Videos ...

The technic is simple :

[real] your video [/real]

You click on it, a DHTML layer (with innerHTML properties) writes on the fly ON THE FORUM'S PAGE with video.

Demo soon online on my site : it's fast, very elegant (no new html popup !!! only a layer), and easy to customize

If you are interested, I'll put the code tomorrow (or after tomorrow)

Re: Dev : DHTML Real Player BBcode (waouh ! :))

Note to everybody: Do not support the Real format. Go with Mpeg or AVI.

MPG or AVI are too heavy for the web : maybe in USA everybody has T1 or T3, in France, ADSL "begins" to be everywhere ... and speedup is not that smile

Real is the best compromission ... and I develop' my script only for Real and Quicktime (MPG !!! waouh)

Post the code when you're done.

I tend to agree with "Guest745763" about the quality of Real though. I prefer Quicktime or even WMW to Real if we're talking about streaming. Neither MPEG2 nor AVI can be streamed properly, so they don't apply at all.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I second Quicktime, but we can dream of AVI.

And thus on this day, when fat pipes became abundant, hcgtv was born.

The reason I don't like Real is because it insists on starting up on system start up, no matter what I do. It also displays ads each time you close it down. Not to mention its a memmory hog. I'm using real alrtenative, but nothing beats Divx.

Do, or do not.

The setting for preventing Real Player from autostarting with windows is hidden somewhere in the options. I think it's called QuickStart or something silly like that.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I just use Real Alternative. Same thing, but not from real and their shady company.

Do, or do not.

The code is ready in fact ... I show you my new version of http://www.sortons.net (100% tableless ... very a pleasure to code in CSS ...) and it's a script modified (found in dynamicdrive)

you can call ...
images
texts
iframes
real
quicktime ... and all you want in fact smile

100% compatible Moz / IE / Opera ...

Few days please smile