Topic: get username over subdomain

hello.

as im trying to organize my sites i ended up putting a few things into subdomains.  my forums are over at forums.f8klan.com and the site im having problems with is at thug.f8klan.com.

as before when i was working with logged in users ive included what i think i need with this code.

define('PUN_TURN_OFF_MAINT', 1);
define('PUN_QUIET_VISIT', 1);

$pun_root = '../../forums/';
include $pun_root.'include/common.php';
include $pun_root.'include/parser.php';

the parser is working on the text and im not getting any error messages.  at $pun_root im actually skipping back a few directories and right into the forums folder where forums.f8klan.com is.

i was thinking maybe $cookie_domain in config.php has something to do with all this but im not sure.  if anybody can offer a suggestion i would love to hear it. thanks.

Re: get username over subdomain

wait quite some time we will get back to u.

team

What is your cookie_domain? I'm guessing it should be ".f8klan.com".

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yea rick.  im at thug.f8klan.com but want forums.f8klan.com to have access to the current users usersname and such.

Then ".f8klan.com" should do the job. If you set a cookie for .f8klan.com, it will apply to the full domain (including any subdomains).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."