Topic: blank page

this has happened quite a few times.
http://lnx.propolingo.com/labb/presiden … &p=167
i think it has to do with the fact that we had that on an old version and upgraded and this topic is 166 pages long.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Re: blank page

whats wrong with it? looks fine to me

oh wait it seems to be only the last page cos the last page is blank for me

Hmm. Try running this query:

SELECT COUNT(id) FROM posts WHERE topic_id=1336;

And tell us what the result is.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

im not the owner of the forum. i can tell the owner, but not sure if he'll do it or even if he can do it.

Indocron

simple solution = delete topic tongue

I don't know how, but I believe the actual number of replies in the topic isn't the same as the value of num_replies in the database. That way, PunBB believes there are more replies, when there actually aren't. It shouldn't happen though. Have you had any table crashes or any unexpected MySQL or Apache shutdowns perhaps? I'm thinking maybe one of the scripts got interrupted right in the middle of updating.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

what happens if two people post simultaniously? with that number of posts in one topic surely it is more likely to happen

Not possible. MySQL can only execute table updates one at a time.

Rickard wrote:

I don't know how, but I believe the actual number of replies in the topic isn't the same as the value of num_replies in the database. That way, PunBB believes there are more replies, when there actually aren't. It shouldn't happen though. Have you had any table crashes or any unexpected MySQL or Apache shutdowns perhaps? I'm thinking maybe one of the scripts got interrupted right in the middle of updating.

well, this forum was using 1.1.0 (i think...) for over a year or so. the owner just updated it about 2 weeks ago and this has happened in numerous places. i dont think weve had any table crashes nor apache shutdowns, but im not certain.

Indocron

Connorhd wrote:

delete a 150+ page topic that people are still posting in? you know how pissed people would get if we did that?

Indocron

Hade you installed any mods or are you running a vanilla 1.1.5 install?

no mods, and whats vanilla?

Indocron

Gary13579 wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

delete a 150+ page topic that people are still posting in? you know how pissed people would get if we did that?

yeh i think it would be pretty funny actually

Connorhd wrote:
Gary13579 wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

yeh i think it would be pretty funny actually

you dont know these people. theyd rip you apart and put your head on a stick for doing that wink

Indocron

lol, well rip all their head off then

17 (edited by Gary13579 2004-08-29 23:16)

accutley, they wouldnt do that, theyd do something worse. b*tch at me for the next 3 years

edit: hmmz.... no censoring...

Indocron

Gary: By vanilla I just meant unaltered. You're saying this happens a lot?

it happened to about 10 topics that ive noticed. it never did this before the upgrade (1.1.0 to 1.1.5).

and no, the code has not been altered at all (that i know of)

Indocron

That's very odd. I belive this is the first time I've heard of the issue, so it must be something specific to your forums. Since I am unable to debug the situation on your server, I'm afraid there isn't much I can do to help. However, running the above query and comparing the result to what you can read here (it reads 4189 right now) will help in finding out what's wrong.

Alright, the next time hes online I'll tell him to.

Indocron