Topic: /me /you names mod

i don't think this mod has been made for punbb, it means /me changes to the user who posts name (hightlighted somehow) /you is changed to the current viewer of the posts name and names of any users menitioned in the post are highlighted and coloured according to their status in hte forum (eg admin orange, mod red, etc) i don't think this would be that hard to make probaby just some code near the BB parser or something.

Re: /me /you names mod

Sure, it's no problem making such mod. A couple of str_replace in parse_message() is enough yes. Though, it can be a lot of confusion when posts change depending on which user looking at it :)

yeh but you only use /you for that purpose

Why, god why would you want something like that? :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

hmm maybe he wants to do it because it will make every one who reads it feel special and it will be in 3ed person wink  instead of it saying Me made this for all of you out there. it will be  Lothia made this for all of you Rickard of you out there wink

yeh you can just say I LOVE /YOU

But what happens when you quote the post? Who is /me and /you then? What about when someone quotes a quote?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."